Kuhn LLP is the GVHBA’s preferred legal supplier. They have a team of lawyers with extensive experience in the construction industry. They serve a broad range of clients, including developers, builders, renovators, trades, suppliers, architects, engineers and government entities.
Each year they present seminars on Contracts, Builders Liens, and Employment Law for GVHBA members. Since 1998, they have been the creators and instructors of the Construction Law Course that is offered by the GVHBA in conjunction with the CHBA-BC Certified Residential Builder Program. You can read recent legal articles Kuhn LLP has written for GVHBA members here.
A representative sample of some of the work that we do in the construction industry is:
- Real estate development including joint ventures, limited partnerships, subdivisions, strata, financings
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts, including design-build, stipulated price, cost-plus and P3 projects
- Resolving payment, deficiency and contractual disputes
- Dealing with builders liens
- Advising in all areas of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration and the Courts